Mythical Hero vs Legendary, when to switch?

Discuss your tips, tricks and gameplay advice for getting the most out of your Dungeon Crash experience!
cmd1095

Mythical Hero vs Legendary, when to switch?

Postby cmd1095 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:12 pm

Hey so the Legendary hero tier list served me well so far in deciding which heroes to spend my time and resources on, but now I'm reaching the point where I have a handful of mythical heroes and have been swapping out legendaries for them, but I'm noticing that my performance isn't really going up by as much as I would expect. Which leads me to thinking that maybe not all mythical heroes are worthy of the title, or that it's not a good idea to switch them in until the painstaking process of getting them to their +6 and above is done

So ideally I'd like to see a tier list for the mythics as well, and also an idea of at what point do they surpass their legendary counterparts in effectiveness? That might be a bit of a project though so I'd settle for an idea of what to do with my mythics at the very least

In my personal case, I have most of the legends and the following mythics
Hephae +5
Newton +8
Olaf +6
Andromeda (currently unleveled, I rebirthed her a while back since she wasn't cutting it, but now she can go up to +8)

My lineup consists of
Newton +8
Olaf +6
Athena +10 (extremely reluctant to sub her out because those stuns are saving my hide atm)
Mary +10
Chrone +10
Morrigan +10 (used to be drake but switched for the STR buff)

Hephae doesn't seem to carry a buff, but is a ridiculously more powerful healer in terms of actual damage getting healed, so is he worth replacing Morrigan? or Andromeda (I think she's just all around weaker than Hepae though so I assume Hephae would be the better one to switch in)

jojobeed

Re: Mythical Hero vs Legendary, when to switch?

Postby jojobeed » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:43 pm

It all comes down to play style...

Various line ups will server you well, but you need to settle in on what's your play style. I prefer the 2-3-1 line up. Two warriors, three mages, and a healer. Here's why: a third warrior will take damage from the back row in arena and campaign instances. With Hephae, you might eke by some of the harder instances, but I think you'll ultimately fail in arena. But again, it's a preference from experience.

Also problematic is the soul shards for mythical heroes. Arena points should be used to purchase Olaf, Hephae, Freyja and/or hero awakening stones. This is a complex choice, I made it easy for myself. Only buy Freyja shards until I could +15 awaken. Period. Do you want Olaf as a third warrior? Hephae as your healer? You'll spend forever farming their shards unless you spend real money recharging diamonds and obtaining magic runes from summons. Freyja is the most powerful dps in the game at the moment, you cannot argue this. She's the obvious choice if you want high damage output on single target: world boss, instance bosses, daily instance bosses, arena to kill Newton. So, make your choice how you spend arena points.

Legendary versus mythical heroes... Well, from experience on this, I never traded out a legendary +12 or higher until I could get the matching/replacement mythical hero to at least +9. Usually, I waited until I could +12 awaken the mythic. This requires patience. I used +17 Frankens until I could +14 Newton. I used +16 Mary until I could +12 Roxanne. I used +12 Ishtar until I got Freyja to +9. I traded +9 Claudius for a much higher awakened Athena. With the introduction of the destiny system, this might make you wait even longer so your buffs aren't messed up.

You can get very far with legendary heroes and they use less resources. Don't use +8 or lower mythical heroes if you are replacing a legendary awakened+12. That's just poor decision making.

Mythical heroes that are a must have: Newton, Claudius, Freyja, Dorthy. After these four, it's play style. Choose Olaf and Hephae together. Choose Alberta and Roxanne and/or Lilith together. Why Lilith? Her destiny buffs align with mythicals and she stuns.

I hear people downplay Alberta's effectiveness. Why? She heals both warriors, and double heals the lower of the two because Newton and Claudius are taking the most damage. That's more than Hephae can heal a single target. So don't argue Hephae is better, unless you have three warriors.

Here's my last 2¢. Well you're getting more than that actually. Morrigan is gimmicky. Her healing is negligible if you have another healer. The 2-2-2 line up works, but it's unnecessary if you actually awaken your single healer and raise the gear level with proper gear awakening. Using Morrigan will never make sense to me, you gain a 5 second buff at the cost of green bubble, special skill healing and the cost of a hero's damage. Mages and warriors > healers at damaging bosses. Can you really argue with confidence that a few 5 second buffs out weigh a hero producing damage 100% of the fight, or until a mage's mana runs low? I really think you'll lose that argument. Those precious green orbs are used for a reason, healing!

And finally, Olaf sucks. There, I said it. If you EVER see him hit a critical, call the local news. We are all waiting for the first time he crits, but the second coming of Christ will likely happen beforehand. If he gets fixed, I might try to get him, but for now, he's worthless.

There is so much more to talk about...Drake is an excellent healer, Andromeda is fine because she is a freebie. Use her up to +5. Take advantage of that until you replace her with a +6 or better healer. Jimmy is an excellent choice too! Free red skill bubbles after a dodge and a warrior strength buff? Awesome! Don't forget to max out his helm. Shiva is a great choice to start out with too, passive stun? Yes please. Can't get Ishtar? Use Himiko. Amaterasu is like Lilith, and Venus is a good mage too. Oasis is also a solid healer.

Heroes to avoid: Chrone (damage sucks and the speed buff isn't worth wasting bubbles on), Enkidu (just why?), Moza and Richter (both are terrible healers). I have used all of these heroes, that's my experience, don't waste your time on them.

School's out. Go Go go!
MasterSword 3494944 Pandora All$tars

Kei

Postby Kei » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:56 pm

If you don't mind I'm gonna ask for your help jojo about my setup.

I'm actually running this team:

Newton +10
Claudius +9
Shiva+9
Dorothy+9
Mary+9
Morrigan+9

I've also Olaf (could be awakened to +9 (+) ) Andromeda (+8) Roxanne (+8) Jimmy (+9)[was wondering to switch athena with jimmy] and so on with the legendary heroes.

Do you have any suggestion on how to improve my team?

PS: I'm buying hephae shards with arena points because someone who claimed to be a veteran on this game said Freyia sux balls unless u can get her to +12 or more.

PPS: is it better to aweken legend gear or go for myth one? (i'm saving dust got around 200k now, i was wondering if should i go for myth gear or just plus my ares and demon sets)

jojobeed

Postby jojobeed » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:42 am

It's all about play style and preference. But since you asked...

I can only make suggestions, you have to act on the suggestions or experience what the heroes are like by using them yourself. I will prefer the two warrior line up simply because it works. Newton takes the most damage and Claudius stuns. I chose Alberta because she was easy to obtain in the hero shop and heals Newton better than Hephae (do the math 2 x 200% > 360% amirite?). Calthor is too expensive to obtain at a reasonable level unless you want to spend real money. Olaf just doesn't get it done, period. He dies quick, doesn't critical hit, and I don't notice him healing that much per his detail description. Go with two warriors, you already have them, and add Hephae or Alberta. At +9 either healer will get you far where you currently are progression wise.

Drop Morrigan and Shiva. You need a real healer. Shiva is irrelevant at this point because you have the best stunner: Claudius. Add a single target mage: Ishtar, Himiko or more preferably Freyja. Get one of them to +9. Replace Mary only after you can get Roxanne to +12. Mary at +15 and up is very strong, but Roxanne is a better choice because of destiny buffing. Freyja is the game's queen, everyone should have her. At evolution +5 her skill bubble hit is 525% percent. Try not dying after getting hit with that.

Stick with legendary gear until you can +18 all of it, on every hero. Or even better +21 awaken it before you switch. Here's why. Legendary gear is so much cheaper and you can spread your gear awakenings over many heroes. Mythical gear won't equal a +21 legendary gear in stats until awaken +17 to +18. There are only a couple purple stats on mythical gear worth much at low levels, Dragon chest piece 10% block and Break Rate. Break rate is your increased chance to not be blocked by your opponent.

There isn't much else to say about mythical gear: it costs too much for you to care about it right now, and it's benefits aren't seen until +17 and above. From +12 to +15 mythical gear costs 240,000 magic dust each awaken... that's 720,000 dust. You should actually awaken mythical gear in pairs because of the set bonuses. So double everything! Then +18 costs 320,000 alone. Double that to get from +20 to +21 and we skipped +19 costs.... You choking yet?? It's astronomical how much it costs!! Oh yeah and gold to awaken and level up the gear.... good luck.

So, you choose: three warriors or two. One healer is fine. Stick with legendary gear. And seriously... level up your healer's gear so you don't die. If I see any more line ups with Morrigan over level 70 we're all going to laugh at you.

Questions answered? Ask more. Cool.

cmd1095

Postby cmd1095 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:51 am

Ah that is quite helpful advice, i wasn't expecting nearly so much information :) Thanks

Are you sure Chrone isn't worth it though? His speed buff has increased my DPS massively since I started using him, and he also has the enemy speed debuff. For actual damage himself he's useless, but certainly if he gets backed up by 2 DPS mages like in your suggested 2/3/1 setup.

I mean I'm sure you know more than I would, but my experience has been that he's effective, provided you set up 3 orbs in the boss instance stages and carry that into part 3 of the instance to open with it. Along with opening with the other abilities, then the buff usually lets me generate enough orbs to get a second round of abilities in, not always a full 3 orb set, but it keeps DPS up for a while... Though it is true that once the warriors start to fall the DPS goes right to hell.

Also I used to be using Jimmy before Olaf, but in spite of Jimmy's supposed good DPS and buff, he always seemed to be made of paper in terms of durability, Athena has that issue too but her ability actually prevents damage by stunning the enemy, so she lasts a bit longer, Jimmy was actually the first person I swapped out because of that, I just couldn't keep him alive no matter what I did.

jojobeed

Postby jojobeed » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:22 pm

My experience with Chrone was his buff ran my mana out much too fast at the expense of good long term damage. But he does help burn bosses quick.

I loved Jimmy when I used him, but I switched to Frankens when I figured out early he was invincible. Remember to max out belt and helm for maximum dodge and block. This reduces damage taken and makes any tank last longer. Also boots reduce crit damage and crit resist, so the whole right side of the armour profile needs to be maxed first on your tank.

Cheers
Last edited by jojobeed on Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cmd1095

Postby cmd1095 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:05 pm

Frankens is invincible you say? Maybe I'll sub him in for Athena then, looking at his passives I can see how having a high enough block chance would make him just about untouchable at +12. I can't get him that high yet, but even so... it's worth investing in now in the interest of the long run gains.

I think I'm going to keep Chrone for the time being, as I'm not at a point where a long and drawn out battle is favorable to me. I go down too fast atm, so actually burning mana to try and burn through bosses quickly before the tides can turn against me is worth it until I have a bit of endurance for the team

So my new lineup right now is looking like
Newton +8
Frankens +(idk how high I can get him yet)
Mary+10
Ishtar +6 (going up but a tad short on resources, should be able get her to at least +10)
Chrone +10
Hephae +6

jojobeed

Postby jojobeed » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:35 pm

Careful now, Newton and Frankens together might not be your best choice. After an update Newton and Frankens block/heal ability isn't near as strong. Claudius or Athena would be better suited as Newton or Frankens partner. Spam the red bubble skill on Athena and wait for a three bubble skill for Ishtar. That should burn a boss and keep you from dying to quick.

Using Jimmy at+12 provides all the red bubbles you need for Claud or Athena to stun lock. But, Jimmy would have to be main tank, his helm maxed out, and Newton/Frankens on the bottom and Athena/Claud on top. Make sense?

I referenced the invincible Frankens as prior to the update, but I forgot to mention this. Newton is a far better choice now that both can be killed easier. Frankens +12 and up is the optimal tank, in my opinion, until you can +12 Newton. Then switch and stick with Newton.

jojobeed

Postby jojobeed » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:38 am

After this update mythical gear got a much needed, giant boost. Its cost is still very high, but worth the conversion at some point. I don't know yet.

The break even point might be around +12 maybe +13. The purple stats got renamed. The light blue/turquoise stats stayed the same, which sucks because the basic gear/white stats got boosted. So it's a trade off. You get higher basic stats, but reduced blue stats. What can you live with?

I am going to start converting to mythical gear, but it's going to take forever. I want to replace legendary gear with+12 or better. That's a ton of magic dust.

Keep farming.

Niki

Postby Niki » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:25 am

jojobeed wrote:After this update mythical gear got a much needed, giant boost. Its cost is still very high, but worth the conversion at some point. I don't know yet.

The break even point might be around +12 maybe +13. The purple stats got renamed. The light blue/turquoise stats stayed the same, which sucks because the basic gear/white stats got boosted. So it's a trade off. You get higher basic stats, but reduced blue stats. What can you live with?

I am going to start converting to mythical gear, but it's going to take forever. I want to replace legendary gear with+12 or better. That's a ton of magic dust.

Keep farming.

This update is killing me! I will have to switch to 2-3-1 lineup since Doro got nerf and Newton is back to he once was. It comes down to who deal more damage before time run out in arena.
My current lineup is
Newton +13 evo3, +13-14 legend gear and max enhance
Claudius +11 evo3, +5 myth set with an exception to weap and ring at7, max enhance
Dorothy +11 evo3, +10 set and +14 ring, max enhance
Mary +13 evo3, +10 set
Alberta +11 evo3, +7 set
Hephae +11 evo3, +10 set, +12 weap, max enhance

I am waiting for freyja shards to put her in the lineup, might replace Alberta for her and then put rox in when I can get her to +12 freyja is also max enhance at the moment

As for myth gear I am unsure whether it would be worth to get, still pointlessly expensive and this update doesn't do much compare to what it usually was. If anything, the gift pack in the normal store for vip encourage people to spend more. I feel that the update will soon bring back the myth gear event where you can buy with diamond so they can pick our pocket more. Just a thought through, how long are they planning to do this? A new server open every time a patch came! Weak players go to new server to spend, cycle keep repeating and eventually this game might die off if devs doesn't plan on fixing it properly.

Return to “Guides and Tips”