Mythical Hero vs Legendary, when to switch?

Discuss your tips, tricks and gameplay advice for getting the most out of your Dungeon Crash experience!
jojobeed

Re: Mythical Hero vs Legendary, when to switch?

Postby jojobeed » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:42 pm

The damage output is miserable, I can still get my 210 labyrinth stars, but judging by a few campaign instance attempts, mages got nerfed hard and Claudius hits like a sissy.

Newton is far more of a tank, finally! Now, if we could get both at the same time. Devs have changed the fight mechanics so much and everyone invests their time into line ups, then a crappy update ruins your whole progress.

Arena is watching blue shrouded Newtons whack on one another with the STUPID AF guardian dragon animations. Did you guys forget to fix this?!? I understand the auto fighting, but can you please address how broken arena is? You should be able to assign what hero gets to use the skill bubbles or something....anything.

But seriously, mythical gear is crazy better now. It just costs so much with no improved means of obtaining magic dust. The every other daily event got a bump to 30k. That's only 40k more a week. One half piece of mythical gear. Thanks for nothing. You guys are worse than Scrooge at Christmas.

This will just get buried and some other update will replace our current bitching with whole new problems to whine about. Yea, go Firefly.
MasterSword 3494944 Pandora All$tars

Kei

Postby Kei » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:44 pm

I feel you man. I switched to the 2-3-1 line up as you suggested and looks good atm, BUT now mages hits really low. My newton hitting almost the same of doroty mary and roxanne and claudius dmg got gimped by a lot and still can't figure why. In the end lumos said Olaf will be rebalanced so I'm still in time to go back to the old 3-2-1 even if I think i'm gonna wait SO FKING LONG for it.

jojobeed

Postby jojobeed » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:32 pm

For starters, Newton has always been the strongest warrior in terms of pure damage. His red skill bubbles attack is 300% to all surrounding enemies. Claudius is 280%. The huge trade off is Claudius stuns with earthquake. Newton puts up a shield and heals. The stun is more advantageous because it lessens damage taken particularly on special moves from bosses.

Olaf supposedly hits for 350% and heals, but he's broken. If he ever gets fixed he might might actually be a better tank than Newton. But not at this time.

Calthor hits for 300% as well, but lowers defense. He's great, but good luck getting him over the+12 hump without spending hundreds of real dollars recharging. He's best at a 3-2-1 line up, or replacing Claudius when your Newton is above +18 and can absorb huge damage.

Geesh, mages got the short end this update. My damage output is way less even though Newton lasts longer in boss fights. Lumos has addressed a few issues on the forum, but we are likely stuck with this garbage for another month. The devs are half a world away and probably don't read the forums. They rely on moderators and in game tickets.

Send in tickets to get results!

jojobeed

Postby jojobeed » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:09 pm

After recent changes, this thread is pretty much irrelevant.

I am hearing Olaf got fixed. Very cool.

Broki is/was available and his tool tip states his skill bubble attack is 405%. This is a higher attack value than Freyja.

Calthor hits for 300% as well, but lowers defense. He's great, but good luck getting him over the+12 hump without spending hundreds of real dollars recharging. He's best at a 3-2-1 line up, or replacing Claudius when your Newton is above +18 and can absorb huge damage.
This is still true.

We saw a glimpse of celestial gear, but it was removed.

Three warriors? Use Hephae.
Two warriors? Use Alberta.

You fill in the rest with what you want.

Kei

Postby Kei » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:19 pm

Soolaf got fixed? For real?

jojobeed

Postby jojobeed » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:59 pm

I don't use him, but I seeing evidence of him critting now. I have personally seen him heal in arena combat against me. It's hard to track the crit damage flying around in arena, but it appears he crits occasionally. I don't know his mechanics well because I have never used him.

I cautiously say he has been fixed to a point. If that point is useful or not, I do not know.

lulunana

Postby lulunana » Mon May 16, 2016 7:56 pm

jojobeed wrote:I don't use him, but I seeing evidence of him critting now. I have personally seen him heal in arena combat against me. It's hard to track the crit damage flying around in arena, but it appears he crits occasionally. I don't know his mechanics well because I have never used him.

I cautiously say he has been fixed to a point. If that point is useful or not, I do not know.

who should i replace with claudius if i go with 3 warrior (jimmy shiva or newton)

jojobeed

Postby jojobeed » Mon May 16, 2016 11:39 pm

Drop Shiva like ballast in a sinking boat. Claudius is pure damage with a stun.

Mcdad77

Postby Mcdad77 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:51 pm

Jojo

I currently have all my guys equipped with mythical gear at +6 or +5. Should I sell it all back and equip legendary instead?

jojobeed

Postby jojobeed » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:52 pm

No, don't.

This was a post about switching from legendary heroes to mythical heroes.

But, as far as gear goes: If you already own it, keep it. Sorry for the long wait, if you pm me it would be faster! +15 awakened mythical gear is just as powerful as +21 legendary gear after the major update two months ago. Hope this helps.

Return to “Guides and Tips”