[Guide] Beginner's Journey into Epic Knights

Discuss your tips, tricks and gameplay advice for getting the most out of your Epic Knights experience!
Oxtarius

[Guide] Beginner's Journey into Epic Knights

Postby Oxtarius » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:47 am

Hey guys! My IGN is Oxtarius and i'm here to walk you through your first steps into Epic Knights. I've started this game almost at the same time as it got released into UK and Canada. This guide will be update as the game goes on with patches and such.

Disclaimer : I'm *NOT* a game dev, or anything related to this game Staff. I'm just a player who likes to play this game.

1 - Leveling and Dungeons, Gods
2 - Enhancing and Crafting
3 - Fusing
4 - Arena
5 - Epic Boss
6 - Guilds
7 - Friend List
8 - Troubleshooting
9 - COMING SOON

1. Leveling and Dungeons, Gods

By doing quests and dungeons, your character level up. Do not confuse this with your armors. It is completely independant to your hero. Each levels, your hero gains stats, free slots to hold more armors, money and gems every 5 levels. The most effective way to level is to grind the furthest dungeon you can achieve, without getting hit pretty bad so you can repeat it over and over.

Each dungeon has it's own boss. Those boss drop special materials used to craft better quality armors. The only way to gain those materials is to *KILL* the boss with your boost attack. DAMAGING THE BOSS BUT NOT KILL IT WITH THE BOOST DOESN'T GRANT THE MATERIALS!

After some time, you will get gods. Those gods gives active and passive attributes. I won't go through them yet. I will make one section completely about them. To get more infos about them, get into your town if you have built the temple.

DISCLAIMER : CURRENTLY THERE IS A LEVEL CAP OF 50! THE LEVEL CAP WILL BE RAISED SOMEDAY WITH A PATCH!

2. Enhancing and Crafting

You can level your armors by feeding them with more armors. Beware, this is getting very costly the more your armor's level is higher. You can craft armors to feed the ones you wish to level up. The way you gain armors are from crafting or from doing dungeons, arena kill streaks or milestones.

There is a small trick to save some gold. Enhance an armor which you will use to enhance your main armor before feeding it to it. That way, you gain about the same experience, without the same cost.

3. Fusing

In order to fuse, you need Stones which are aquired with kill streaks from the arena, milestones, prizes from your ranking into an event or from chests. Then you need gold and 2 armors.

The rarity of the armor is shown with Stars. Upon achieving a certain level, you can unlock the Plus version of the armor, which you need to craft. The armors are used for fusing with their own rarity.

From the lowest to the highest you have :
- 1 Brown Star (plus version too)
- 1 Silver Star (plus version too)
- 1 Gold Star (plus version too)
- 2 Gold Star (plus version too)
- 3 Gold Star (plus version too)
- 4 Gold Star (There is only 2 armors currently which can be a plus version, which is Devil Goat and Bahamut, from what i know)
- 5 Gold Star (plus version from materials from chests or from fusing)

In order to get higher rarity by fusing depend on luck. You can get better odds tho. Be sure to look through the armors you have before fusing blindly.

To fuse 2 Stars armors you need at least 2 armors with 1 Star.
To fuse 3 Stars armors you can either use 2 armors with 2 Stars or 1 armor with 2 Stars and 1 armor with 1 Star. We don't know the percentage chance of success but some players think that it is a waste to use 2 armors with the same amount of stars, since the odds are pretty much even.
To fuse 4 Stars armors you can use the same pattern. 2 armors with 3 Stars or 1 armor with 3 Stars and 1 armor with 2 Stars.
To fuse 5 Stars armors you can use the same pattern. 2 armors with 4 Stars or 1 armor with 4 Stars and 1 armor with 3 Stars.

4. Arena

In there you can compete with other players to get prizes from your ranking, arena kill streaks or milestones from achieving a certain amount of points. You can have a maximum of 5 energy from normal time regeneration. The only ways to get more is to either buy some with gems or achieve kill streaks of 6 and 12.

The first stat shown from other players is their points that they have. The second one is their current rank. You can either attack someone with a normal attack (use 1 energy) or and power attack (use 3 energy). There is a tab for revenge too. Those players are the ones that attacked you and won. You gain extra points from revenge and it count into a kill streak.

The amount of points you gain from a battle won is the same from someone which is low in the ranks than someone in the top 10. Don't bother killing someone you might lose against.

5. Epic Boss

Randomly, an epic boss will appear if the event is currently ongoing. This happen randomly when you are fighting through dungeons. It is pretty obvious when it does, since it brings your directly to the epic boss page once it happen.

You can have a maximum of 15 energy to attack an epic boss. The only way to gain more is from gems.

The way the energy is spent is base on the amount of knights you are using and friends if you choose one or two.

- 1 knight , 4 energy
- 2 knight , 5 energy
- 3 knight , 6 energy
- 3 knight + 1 friend , 7 energy
- 3 knight + 2 friend , 8 energy

You get a buff of 25% damage for each knight and friend you add up after picking 1 knight. So the maximum of damage buff you can have is 100% inscrease damage.

Killing epic bosses gives materials to craft an armor. You can either get them from milestones or the boss. That's the only way to get them.

6. Guilds

You can join/create a guild once you attain the level 25.

In a guild you can speak with your guildmates, set officers, guild attacker, guild defender and manage your guild. There is a tab to make a contribution to your guild. The gold donated to the guild can be spend on damage buffs for specific elements.

In the future, they will bring up guild wars, guild quests. We are looking forward to see what this is about.

7. Friend List

You can add people as friends. Those friends can aid you through battle in dungeons and epic bosses.
You can add people with your code. They need to go through the whole tutorial for you to get a reward.

DISCLAIMER : THERE IS A LIMIT OF 10 FRIENDS RIGHT NOW. IT MIGHT BE RAISED WITH A PATCH. WE ARE WAITING ON THE DEVS TO GIVE US FEEDBACK

8. Troubleshooting

Since this is a pretty recent game, i suggest to everyone to make posts about bugs you encounter. This will help the devs to fix them and make the game more pleasant and fun.

DISCLAIMER : LOOK THROUGH THE KNOWN BUG LIST BEFORE POSTING! THE BUG MIGHT BE ALREADY NOTICED AND LOOKED INTO!

MORE TO COME BUDDIES! HAVE FUN!

Return to “Guides and Tips”